The HERMES (Heterogeneous multi-robot cooperation for exploration and science in extreme environments) workshop is part of the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2023) conference (29 May – 2 June 2023 London, UK).
The largest and most prestigious event of the year in the Robotics and Automation calendar, 2023 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) will bring together the world’s top academics, researchers, and industry representatives. Taking place for the first time in the UK, London will provide the perfect backdrop to this world-class event. If Robotics and Automation is your field, you need to be a part of this.
The workshop is focused on the following topics:
– Status of and challenges in performing science and exploration in extreme environments, including but not limited to oceans, glaciers, arctic
regions, volcanoes, hot springs, caves, underground tunnels, planetary surfaces, and asteroids.
– Study of immediate needs and scientific priorities for the deployment of heterogeneous multi-robot teams for Earth and Space.
– Recent findings and developments in the fields of multi-agent robot localization, mapping, coordination, communication, task planning, sampling, and cooperative sensing, learning and decision-making.
– Presentation of novel mobile robotic concepts and prototypes for the exploration of unconstructed, dynamic environments.
– Dissemination of lessons learned from the development and field testing of heterogeneous multi-robot teams.
– Exploration of commercial ventures in the field of multi-robot cooperation for Earth and Space.